1. Master Foug, we are not worthy!
  2. Updated the forum to xenforo 1.3.2 Updated the style. Trying to get the new server working right.
  3. Having some problems with our current style. Use the Xenforo Default if your not seeing forums or topics. Will fix tonight. - Reeve

The comic discussion thread

Discussion in 'The Stream' started by Etch, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy License to Shill Staff Member

Grabbed The Walking Dead Book 1. Wondering how exactly the show follows the books?
  2. Jimmy

Decided to enter the Digital Age of Comics. Created a Comixolgy account for the DC Comics Ap. Downloaded Action Comics #2, so far enjoying the new Superman.

Looks like the new 52 paid off as DC rose above Marvel for the month of September, Batman #1 leading the pack (They had something like 32 of the top 50 comics for September).
  3. Jimmy

The digital comics are so cool. I could spends DAYS just flipping between the pencil sketches to inking to final product hyperimposed on each other. So cool.

Anyway started The New 52's Justice League. Pretty entertaining so far. I love how they're all just meeting for the first time, and everyone keeps asking Batman what his powers are and he gets all miffed.
  4. Etch

Etch My ears are burning...

Catwoman #2 is lol (not in a good way).
  5. Hereticus

Hereticus Well-Known Member

Speaking of Batman and the JL; I just finished Tower of Babel. It has Ra's breaking into the batcave to steal Batman's file on how to kill the JL. It is a geat read that proves how badass Batman is compared to the others. Also, I picke dup Batman & Son; where Batman and Taliah's son comes to live with Batman. He has all the skills of batman but has the assassin mentality.
  6. Jimmy

I've been wanting to get into that new Batman & Robin where it's Dick Grayson as Batman and Bruce & Talia's son Damian as Robin, I don't know if it's any good, but it seems like an interesting concept.
  7. Etch

8. Jimmy

Eh, she doesn't do it for me. :T
  9. Etch

10. Jimmy

I'm not diggin' it, you dig?
  11. Reeve of the Turks

Reeve of the Turks Amplify Your Life Staff Member

I dig, she's hwat!
    Skooch likes this.
  12. Jimmy

Finished Action Comics #3. Not as good as the first 2, but fine I guess.
  13. Jimmy

Really enjoying the bantery conversations in the new 52's Justice league. Reminds me of the early days of Superman/Batman.

:lol:
  14. Etch

15. Jimmy

lol that article is so dumb. Each comic character has tons of depictions and will continue to for as long as comics exist.

And "Harley Quinn is a strong female character". Sorta, I guess. She is someone who quit her job to blindly follow her abusive boyfriend who uses her emotions as a device for his own personal gains. But hey, I guess that's a strong female character! :awesome:
  16. Reeve of the Turks

Reeve of the Turks Amplify Your Life Staff Member

17. QueenBitch

QueenBitch Member

I just bought the 4th volume of Testament. I will let you know how it is when I am finished.
  18. Hereticus

Hereticus Well-Known Member

so Jimmy how are the new DC comics? I was thinking of picking up a couple but I have no idea where to start. A few things I enjoy are Batman/Green Lantern some things I hate are Superman/Wonder Woman.
  19. Jimmy

Grant Morrison is spectacular behind the reins of Superman (Not sure if you've read All-Star Superman?). Action Comic's reboot has been great thus far, as I said earlier, it's almost like a Spider-Man approach to Superman (Superman is younger, isn't a media darling, much more vulnerable, etc.).

If you like Green Lantern and Batman, then you'd love the new Justice League thus far. It kind of starts out with those two characters before branching out to the rest (Of course Supes and Wonder Women make their respective appearances in #2 and #3). Kind of outlines how the Justice League was formed based on the random encounters of these heroes.

I haven't gotten around to the Green Lantern, but I've been meaning to. Apparently Sinestro is re-inducted into the GLcorps and the story revolves around him.

Detective comics is very interesting, but unlike Action's reboot it doesn't stray too far from where Batman's already been (Which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it).

Haven't read Batman or Superman yet, also wanting to get into Deathstroke.

Of course these are only the series' I've followed, and I'm saying all of this based off of only 3 issues each. :p So there may be some other good issues out that I haven't gotten around to yet, and things may change for better/worse later on in the ones I mentioned.
  20. Etch

Wolverine And The X-Men #2 was crazy. I'm loving what's happening, it's so ridiculous it's good.

In shorts: just-add-water esque frankenstein footsoldiers with flamethrowers. A sentient mutant slab of rock (Krakoa for the old schoolers) put under remote control by the current cabal of villains - a bunch of pre-teen kids who have taken over the Hellfire Club. It's nuts.